A-Scan in L-Scan
To create an L-Scan, several composite A-Scan must be generated.
- To create an L-Scan, we need Pulser/receivers, a multiplexer and a probe with a high number of elements
- The pulser/receivers emit square pulses
- The pulses are directed to the proper group of elements by the multiplexer
- Each element emits its own ultrasound wave. The waves bounce on the backwall and return to the probe. They excite the elements which produce an analog signal
- The separate analog signals are added to create one A-Scan
- This process is repeated until the L-Scan is created